- Wednesday, September 5th, 2012
- By admin
- In Blog
- Comments Off on What Should You Know When Looking into Horse Trailers?
If you need a trailer for your horse, you might want to take some time to research to make sure you get what you are paying for. There are a few points that you need to know to make sure you get one that is going to keep your horse safe.
• Size: How large is your horse? This is the one main factor that is going to affect the size trailer you get. Make sure that the trailer is going to give your horse enough room so they are comfortable. You don’t want your horse to lose balance while driving and you want them to be able to move around.
• Avoid Sharp Edges: Make sure your trailer is free from sharp edges. This prevents your horse from harming themselves in any way possible. For those of you who own a horse, you know just how temperamental they can be at times.
• Ties: To make sure your horse stays in the trailer, make sure there are ties in the trailer. These can include dividers, tie rings, butt bars, and even chest bars. Make sure these are secure and strong enough for your horse.
Think about what you’re going to need in a trailer. Make a list if it helps and take it with you to the dealer to help out. That way you aren’t forgetting anything.